Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Roatan, Honduras

Hi everyone, Today I visited Roatan, Honduras and it was a great place! It has hills and mountains. I hired a taxi and Freddie Christian were my guides. They took me to the Roatan Museum which told of the ancient natives who settled here on the island as well as artifacts like pottery and ceramics. The main source of income on the island is Tourism. Then we went to the Carambola Botanical Gardens which were very jungle-like. I climbed to the top of the mountain trail and had a view of the entire bay near Anthony's Cay. Pretty spectacular! I returned via some local markets and purchased some local Lenka pottery and black coral. We are leaving early, so I quickly walked to the local beach and along the path, surprise!, a hummingbird nest! On to the Cayman Islands tomorrow! Enjoy the pictures!!! Love, Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment